• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie_Thompson View Post
    The Walkway
    North Shields Fish Quay
    Seaham Pier (need to become a member)
    You can get the car right down onto Seaham Hall beach although you're not meant to a disabled badge might help?
    Beware - the car park next to The Ratty shuts at 10:00pm more than a few lads have been caught out but you can often get a parking spot near the Yacht Club
    If someone's in a chair or got access to one I'm sure Roker Pier is accessible, couple of curbs to get up maybe.
    you need a pass from easington dist council to take your car on seaham prom these are available from seaham club you must be a member and there is a waiting list the club are only issued with so many and are only valid from september to march if my memory serves me.

Comment

Souter Point car park (high water mark) if you want to fish the heavy ground. Depending on how able you are depends if you would need help getting a fish up the cliff. You can fish straight out the back of the car.
      A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

fish into the river blyth along the quay side behind the steam boat pub you can drive your cars to the waters edge easy access . ive fished in the wear some time ago i think the mark was next to the red lion pub under the fly over took the car to the river side good flatties hope its some help , jamcod

Comment

North shields fish quay(you will lose a load of gear unless you can cast 150+)
          Blyth harbour (you can fish from your car but don't expect anything big)
          Amble pier(watch for boats)
          Davy bank wallsend
          Spillers quay tyne.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar View Post
            i'm looking for as many fishing spots that the disabled will be abled to use. Mainly for people that can walk alittle but not far say 50 to 100 meters. I would like to make a list for personal use and to post on this site if needed.
            if anyone could help pm me or post here thanks
            Jaguar
            Whitley Beach, park on the prom and 20 yard walk for low water and at high water just sit in the car at the north end at st mary's, both shots can produce big bags of Codling, when the conditions are right. Newbiggen Prom easy peasy, same again conditions need to be right. Oxfold Gully, tynemouth. Good Luck...........

Comment

fish the prom in front of the rex in whitley bay at high tide for codling/bass
              the fish quay for on the east side for flatties, the west side for whiting and the odd codling by the ice factory (dont cast straight out - cast up river 45 degrees with a gripper and you'll minimise the gear you lose) cast between 30-100 yards and you can catch.

Comment

south side of the river wear under the wear bridge (access off low street / pannis bank from high st east )

room for oh 50 cars and handrail to rest rod on , in wet weather i fish out of the back of my van so cant get much closer LOL

hendon prom , 1/2 a mile or more long and easy access , new hand rails being put up now (april 08) are a bit high to fish over but is fishable (once again sunderland parks and leisure dept have no care for those who use the place and how they use it )
                Last edited by bazw; 11-04-2008, 05:05 PM.
                --------------------------------------------------------------

the Limicoline one

--------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

go down towards roker pier come to a little rounder about and turn right drive or walk along you will see the old pier and you can fish in the river or the bay.
                  Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Newcastle Business Park, just off Scotswood Road. Best to go down when the offices are closed, you can then have your choice of the car parks.
                    perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you.

Comment

The jarrow riverside is good to.

Comment

disabled spots

hartlepool prom and hartlepool pilot pier mate
                        species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

Spillers,St peters basin,and the copthorne are all good and you can catch some crackin flatties and thares a saftey rail along all of them.

Comment

south gare

southgare redcar and saltburn is v good the gare u might need a bit ov help couple ov small steep ramps

Comment

Ramp at cambois & back of alcan

You can park 30 yards from mark , park at top of ramp and walk down high water mark also back of bins alcan depot fish from car chucking into hole again high water mark

Comment

it may be a little too far south for this forum but sandsend car park fishing from the car

Comment

Working...
                                X