Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Sided Flounders (mods any chance of making this sticky?)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hartley Open 01/01/09 - 2 of the 6 flounders I got at Druridge were double sided. One was totally brown both sides but only had eyes on the top side
    PBs...Cod 8lb2oz.. Turbot 3lb2oz.. Whiting 1lb8oz.. Coalie 1lb9oz.. Flounder 1lb7oz.. Dab 15oz.. Plaice 13oz.. Bass 1lb 6oz

Comment

Originally posted by RossW View Post
      New Hartley Open 01/01/09 - 2 of the 6 flounders I got at Druridge were double sided. One was totally brown both sides but only had eyes on the top side
      I was keeping an eye for them as well, I must have been taking photos when you weighed in, wish you had got hold of me, I would have taken photos for Margaret, did the other one have eyes both sides
      Alan

Comment

07/03/10 fished our club match to the right of the mouth of the river wansbeck, caught 1 size flounder and 3 undersize one of which was a double sider, brown on both sides.

Comment

Caught a 17cm double sided flounder on Sunday 23/05/10 from the slope near the silos at North Blyth. When I first picked it up I thought it had no eyes and wondered how it found the bait (rag worm). Turned it over to look for its eyes and realised it was a double sided liitle chap. It was lip hooked and went back fine.

Comment

i caught one on sunday aswell at cambois. although it was only half double sided but ive caught a few fully double sided at cambois aswell.

Comment

caught 2 double sided 1ns today at sandy bay at the mouth and 2 normal 1ns all pretty small, i have pics but waiting on cable for my phone

Comment

They all seem to be around the same area, caught 5 in the tyne earlier none were double siders

Comment

my mate fished by a sluice outlet,down my way,said he caught loads of small flatties said they were dabs?

Comment

double sided flounder

Fished Newbiggin beach last night caught a double sided flounder almost perfect just a small white V on one side.

Comment

mate had double sided one last night at newbiggin prom,with a white 'V' shape on it,

Comment

Originally posted by bluepied2280 View Post
                        mate had double sided one last night at newbiggin prom,with a white 'V' shape on it,
                        can you send me details of size/weight
                        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                          can you send me details of size/weight
                          hi alan,would say it was 28cm-30cm,never weighed it as we just returned it,it had plenty meat on it thou,the strange white 'V' on the underside was strange,was about 5cm long and perfectly shaped

Comment

Originally posted by bluepied2280 View Post
                            hi alan,would say it was 28cm-30cm,never weighed it as we just returned it,it had plenty meat on it thou,the strange white 'V' on the underside was strange,was about 5cm long and perfectly shaped
                            cheers
                            Alan

Comment

just caught this one in the tyne today on blaydon jetty behind k.f.c. not a full dubble side but has a few markings on it dont no the waight but it was 23cm and went back to fight another day so did the other 4 normal flatties which wher all over 30 cm
                              Attached Files

Comment

Double sided flatties

Caught 2 blyth peir week before christmas

Comment

Working...
                                X