Tynemouth Pier Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tynemouth Pier Petition

Any chance of getting a petition together for Tynemouth Pier. I know its a long shot but maybe if there was some sort of handrail built on the lower part of the pier they may consider opening it to fisherman? I've got a petition goin on facebook that I've just started just to see how much interest it gets. Just search on facebook 'Tynemouth pier petition', im sure it'll come up....

Cheers
    Jamie.

PB: 10lb 2Oz, Whitley Beach (5/12/12)

Hi Splythy.
    You have no chance of getting anywhere with a petition, I have spoken to the Harbour Master many times regarding fishing on Tynemouth Pier he doesn't want to know.
    What you could do is to start an angling club then apply for permission to fish on the pier. There are a number of clubs that have permission. The first thing you would have to do once you had formed your club would be to get insurance, you could do that privately or by joining an organisation such as the Angling Trust. Insurance would be essential, you wouldn't get on without it. Permission is given to fish on the pier during daylight hours only. Nightime is not allowed.
    The size of the club doesn't matter, it could be 2 or 20 , but the more members the cheaper the insurance, because the cost would be split between more people. Hope this helps. Tight Lines.

Comment

Me and me mate were both talking about it last weekend.
      But the thing is, its not just a case of putting up up 3/4 of a mile of hand rail (or however long it is), it has to then be regularly maintained, painted, then probably the most expensive part... Health and Safety checks and testing.
      In thier eyes, its going to be a lot less hassle and expense to just keep it closed.
      But as for fishing from the top, seaward side, and round the end, I don't see what the problem is, it no different to south shields pier? If its because of the waves blasting over the top, the pier's shut in bad weather anyway.

Comment

its a health and safty issue ,a lot more members off the public stroll along the top off pier as fishing is banned on the top level , its been said many many times before if you want to fish the pier at weekends in daylight join one off the four clubs who would welcome you with open arms davy
        PB
        COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
        COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
        Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
        Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
        Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
        Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
        Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

best to join one of the clubs alraedy fishing the pier, start a new one and you will be taking fishing days off the others which would not go down very well.
          Alan

Comment

Ah reet, Oki doki lads, cheers for the info...
            Jamie.

PB: 10lb 2Oz, Whitley Beach (5/12/12)

Comment

Well said....

Well said Dave & Alan - join one, two, three or all of the 4 clubs who have "booked" fishing dates on Tynemouth Pier (lower level). As the coordinator for the 4 clubs with Port of Tyne my little brain can just about manage the annual exercise of sorting all the dates out!
              So long and thanks for all the fish! (www.lsbsac.co.uk)

Comment

just a question ? so if no one is allowed to fish the top end of the pier or higher level why have i seen past reports of good pollock from the higher level of the pier in daylight ?
                Last edited by codseeker; 01-07-2011, 11:05 PM.
                Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
                  just a question ? so if no one is allowed to fish the top end of the pier or higher level why have i seen past reports of good pollock from the higher level of the pier in daylight ?
                  Because the peir closes around 8 and opens around the same time in the morning and some people actully sneak on :O

Comment

cheers mate
                    Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Just out of interest here........and I'm NOT trying to "put the cat amongst the pigeons" There are signs up on S Shields pier :NO CYCLING
                      :NO DOGS (UNLESS ON A LEAD)
                      :NO FISHING

So as it hapens.....I was FISHING on S Shields pier yesterday, and what should I see - A bloke riding his BIKE with his UNLEASHED DOG running beside him, and his FISHING rod strapped to the crossbar !
                      As they say............."It's a funny old world"

Comment

Originally posted by BAZACODBASHA View Post
                        Just out of interest here........and I'm NOT trying to "put the cat amongst the pigeons" There are signs up on S Shields pier :NO CYCLING

So as it hapens.....I was FISHING on S Shields pier yesterday, and what should I see - A bloke riding his BIKE with his UNLEASHED DOG running beside him, and his FISHING rod strapped to the crossbar !
                        lmfao

Comment

much apreaciate your arangeing the clubs fixture lists ,tryed ringing you at xmas but have found out you have a new phone number thanks again davy .let me have your number hedley cheers.
                          PB
                          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Originally posted by BAZACODBASHA View Post

May be the bloke that nearly ran over me rod butt !

Heart in mouth moment !

Comment

what insurance would be needed
                              caught crabs on a night down roker

Comment

Working...
                              X