Blyth Pier 06/06/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blyth Pier 06/06/16

Had a few hours on the above this evening, first sesh of the year bcos of working abroad. Wasn't expecting much at this time of year so just had one bag of Rag and a mackerel to tip baits off on a 3 hook flapper. 10 mins in fishing out towards the beach and nothing so gave my reel a few turns to hopefully attract any flatties close to my bait and within seconds my rod tip was knocking resulting in a nice round Plaice, (hopefully the pic has uploaded as it never seems to work for me on here for whatever reason). Also caught a couple of dabs about palmed sized. Great weather to be out which obviously got other people excited as there was a lot of lads spinning..... a few weeks to early for that I reckon!
    Attached Files
    Weapons of choice
    Yuki Q6
    Penn Surfblaster 7000
    Yuki Pro Surf
    Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
    2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

That looks a cracking plaice well done mate

Comment

sent you PM cracking placie
      Alan

Comment

Excellent fish that.

Comment

that's a belter nearly a dusbin lid good fishing
          polecat

Comment

Cracking fish mate

Comment

I was surprised to see a Plaice appear, fished that pier for years and never caught a Plaice its always Dabs and Flounders, nice surprise though
              Weapons of choice
              Yuki Q6
              Penn Surfblaster 7000
              Yuki Pro Surf
              Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
              2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

Comment

loverly plaice,looks a belter.any idea of the weight approx?.

Comment

it was about 2.2 lb mate
                  Weapons of choice
                  Yuki Q6
                  Penn Surfblaster 7000
                  Yuki Pro Surf
                  Penn Surfblaster 7000

Comment

Originally posted by carlrmc View Post
                    I was surprised to see a Plaice appear, fished that pier for years and never caught a Plaice its always Dabs and Flounders, nice surprise though
                    I managed a plaice off there a few years back but not as nice as yours! Lovely early summer fish mate!
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Wow, a fab day all round. Not only have you enjoyed cracking weather, but youv'e been rewarded with a plaice anybody would be proud of! Nice one Carlrmc. A man could get jelous.
                      PB 8 1/2lb Cod...Roker

Comment

cracker mate, well done. what weight?

Comment

job done m8 cracking fish
                          consett warlord retired

Comment

approx 2lb 2ozs.

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                            cracker mate, well done. what weight?
                            .looks bigger though.ps i asked the same ? gordon.lol..

Comment

Working...
                            X