chops - wots your view??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chops - wots your view??

micheal chopras move to sunderland for 5 million seems to have caused a bit of fuss, personnally speaking i think the lad has got real balls to make the move. i know they are well paid, but i think hes made the move for footballing reasons and a desire to prove himself, good luck to him hope he gets a hat-trick in the derby!!! wots everyones view then?

you have to have faith in who ever keano buys
    i think he will shine

sless

Comment

Some of his family own a shop near us ,the service is slow and they seem to lack comittment ,almost as if they're only in it for the money and I get the impression they only have that shop so they can stay in the North East as it seems second best to others in the area
      You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

As a good, if not better than what we've got, scored more goals than that time waster Nugent.

Keane will get the best out of him.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by SIXFOOTSTEVE View Post
          Some of his family own a shop near us ,the service is slow and they seem to lack comittment ,almost as if they're only in it for the money and I get the impression they only have that shop so they can stay in the North East as it seems second best to others in the area
          Pleased I don't shop in Mackem land.
          Cheers, Keith.

Comment

He'll do alright.

The lad has a real point to prove to the great unwashed up the road.

Roll on November.
            Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

cant see him being an instant hero - he was left out for Luque (maybe so Luque could be in the shop window) and Roader did look after him in the academy ,but then didnt try him in the Premiership - Why ?? was it because he knew he wasnt going to make it at top flight ?? (one goal in the premiership ) and the fact that none of the other teams came in for him when he was transfered to cardiff for ,what was a paltry sum in football terms £500,000 - you would have thought that one of the lower placed clubs would have took a punt on him - and will he be kissing the badge like he did for us and cardiff when he scores his first goal - time will tell - but i dont think the money you have spent has brought in a player that will score loads of goals ,i would have thought Keano would have tried abroad or upped his Wages for Nugent

Comment

The transfer fees have gone silly this year, that 5 million is probably on par with 2 million deals of last year.

I'm surprised one of the top 4 haven't tried to get their hands on Owen, a bargain at 9 million.
                Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Owen is a seperate issue - this is a Chopra thread - but if owen goes ,it wouldnt bother me ,he will be replaced (this answer couldnt have been posted 5 weeks ago - the millions at the club tells you that) and if he does stay all well and good ,he may be able to prove to himself that the future isnt all about why liverpool didnt come in and take him home

Comment

i think chopra will struggle to score 10 goals next season unless keane signs some quality providers and an experienced partner.
                    hes alittle lightweight for th e premiership too me thinks.
                    might stick a bet on the boro and mackems going down next season.
                    cant see them competing with their current squads to be honest.

Comment

mmm did'nt AMEOBI get his game ahead of chopra !!! he he he
                      To whoever stole my anti-depressants
                      I hope you're happy now

Comment

chopra? 10 goals? are you counting practice and training sessions as well?
                        ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                        . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                        ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

i think quinny and keane have forgotten more about football than we'll ever know so i hope they have pulled off a master stroke, but i must confess the jury is out!! at least he was a million quid cheaper than marcelino! what he cost?? something like 600,000 a game if i remember, broken perm, scuffed nail-polish, bruised ego,etc. every team has bought one of them at some time or other.

Comment

[QUOTE at least he was a million quid cheaper than marcelino! what he cost?? something like 600,000 a game if i remember, broken perm, scuffed nail-polish, bruised ego,etc. every team has bought one of them at some time or other.[/QUOTE]

whats that got to do with you lot buying chopra ?? , funny how S/land fans find an excuse in bringing an Ex Nufc player who has been crap ,(believe me there is plenty worse than Marcelino ) does it compensate the fact that your "magic Carpet ride" Quinny promised you has started to get a bit thread bare - and just possibly that chopra was a knee jerk reaction to the lack of players who (after coming up for a chat with Keane) failed to put pen to paper

No one club came in for him until he signed for cardiff ,and the lad was loaned out to loads of lower league clubs ,scoring at all of them ,maybe its your gaffa ,maybe the players that came up to look around are frightened of his management style - personally i would be - but who knows

Comment

that feels awfully like a little nibble bri???

Comment

Working...
                              X