Superstition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superstition

Does anyone really think friday the 13th is a bad or unlucky day.
    I met my wife on friday13th, we got married on the 13th of the month, we have been married 13years this year, I started this job on the 13th and today i have just been told I am being promoted very soon.
    Is The 13th unlucky ?
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
    but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

The Americans seem to make more of this than anyone ie no 13th floor in buildings, no 13th aisle in airplanes, there\'s even a name for people who have a phobia about the day: Paraskevidekatriaphobics.

Two trains of thought as to why it\'s unlucky are that Jesus was the 13th person at the Last Supper and was put to death on the Friday, while the more modern reason for the Friday the 13th superstition stems from Friday October the 13th, 1307. On this date, the Pope of the church in Rome in Conjunction with the King of France, carried out a secret death warrant against \"the Knights Templar\". The Templars were terminated as heretics, never again to hold the power that they had held for so long. There Grand Master, Jacques DeMolay, was arrested and before he was killed, was tortured and crucified.

Personally I think it\'s a load of b*llocks
    www.robadairpetcare.uk

Comment

I have always had good luck on Friday 13th.

Comment

I\'m a great believer in making your own luck ,and I agree with Rob on the b*llOcks bit
        You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Your right there Steve, about making your own luck.It just seems that if anything gooid is going to happen for some reason it happens on the 13th. I have always thought those who say 13th is bad are talking Bo*****ks.

Comment

Don\'t know if I could think of anything that has happened to me on Friday the 13th whether it be good or bad so I will say it is b*ll*cks too.

Not because I don\'t believe in it, just because everyone else has and it\'s a pretty good word lol.

Jim.
            Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

i live at number 13 and have had nowt but bad luck

every bloody day

sless

Comment

Don\'t know if it still happens, but.....in So. Tyneside, sheltered acommodations and RHE\'s (Residential Homes for the Elderly) don\'t have a flat no. 13 - simple reason is that the Council could never get anyone to take the flat.
                I don\'t have any dealings with new housing developments now, but certainly up until I left the Street Lighting Section, new housing developments didn\'t have a number 13, either......possibly for the same reason.....they were difficult to sell.

[Edited on 13/1/2006 by TC]

Comment

Tony that just sounds silly ....it\'s a mad world we live in .

Comment

Yep

Comment

Turns ya text red with embarrasment lol.

I like green as well although it does clash with my hair

Sometimes big letters are unlucky as well

[Edited on 13/1/2006 by SIXFOOTSTEVE]

Comment

CleverClogs!
                        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Smartypants!

Comment

Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

aye a right load of cobblers ,i think more people have bad luck on the 13th becouse they spend all day looking for black cats and ladders and dont watch what there doing

Tony if id known that bit of info id have been out looking for number 13 houses to buy on the cheep
                              cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

Working...
                              X