X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers for that

Comment

Lakeside

Took wor lass for her annual meal out today and went to the lakeside. Got cod n chips, not bad price 2 for £12. Fish was excellent, skinned, boneless and fresh, nice pint too. In my opinion though the portions are a bit undersize but so what if the qualities there. Worth a shot

Comment

Seaton Front, both chippy's are top notch now.

Comment

Thats Seaton Canoe, twinned with panama.

Comment

I normally go to westoe golden chippy but best ive had in years is from Redz in washington

Comment

Has to be Verrills on Hartlepool Headland. Fishing trips to Hartlepool must be arranged around opening times. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Best chippie

Has to be Davy Pascoe Green Lane Harton, spot on fresh fish all the time and his dad does a loverly dressed crab.

Comment

Chippy in Newbiggin is great, terrible name, something like Plaice for us? Fish cooked to order, huge portion for £6.
                  2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

a place called john's where im from, stocksbridge near sheffield. it was that good i had a really old bath behind the counter full of scraps (bits of batter) i dont think it was every cleaned...

shame it changed owners, the fish got thinner and the prices went up

Comment

Thompsons on A64 York to Scarbrough road, near Falxton, best haddock and chips anywhere and you get mountains
                      Alan

Comment

bills

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                        Another canny one is billys at cullercoats, if there's a queue like Same as all i suppose
                        if you like chips that have been left for hours and fillets full of bones

Comment

Originally posted by curtis.dunn View Post
                          That's why I said there must be a queue mate, so the stuff ain't lying for ages so yer right, if you go when there's no one there the stuff ain't good. Never had a problem with bones in the fillets so must hit lucky there

Comment

Harbour Chip Shop Amble.....HUGE Portions and always cooked to perfection!
                            "And I looked, and behold'a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was death, and hell followed with hi, and power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword and with hunger, and with the beasts of the earth"

Comment

Originally posted by curtis.dunn View Post
                              I found the exact same problem Curtis mate
                              PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
                              PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
                              PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
                              PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Red 5

Is that the one on the corner.

Comment

Working...
                                X