No announcement yet.

you can not buy distance , you can now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

huw wes tha bloke like, is he a castur or somik like, it mad like casturn in a glas hous like, smesh windas in IMHO.
    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
    Okuma trio Rex
    Aerlex 7000xsa
    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
      huw wes tha bloke like, is he a castur or somik like, it mad like casturn in a glas hous like, smesh windas in IMHO.
      I think I was speaking to you down Hendon on Sunday do you drive a Clio?

Comment

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
        Erm?????? Come again but in english.
        Simon whoever you are. Only squirrels have chestnuts.i thinks theres a bit confusion as to who said wot.how. where .when. doesnt matter how things are pronounced as long as legible. No bobody on this thread has officially cast 300yards phil as only distances in official comps count and most of them are a bit dubious imo. I have cast occasionally over that figure during practice but that dont count in my book.and was a long time ago now.
        Now back to the subject I reckon its only a short way to other side at glass centre.think ill go n have look cos id like to know. Im like that y know.

Comment

Just measure it on google earth.

Don't even need to leave the house nowadays!

BTW I'm impressed with them yuki rods. Was watching my mate chuck with them with a lazy swing but they do go a long way for fishing circumstances..

Only using light leads though... But if yr into match fishing for flats etc...at range they'll not be far away from the big rod IMO.

...struggle for cod though in the winter with bigger baits and leads but that's not what there designed for.
          The 'five plums!' Northumberland sea league champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
            not that old chestnut again hahaha
            Fact mate not fiction if you knew who he was it would be a different message[/QUOTE]

Blah blah blah, he;s called stevie, thats his name, like I'm called simon.
            Many a true word is said in jest!

Comment

Originally posted by stephie1 View Post
              Erm?????? Come again but in english.
              Simon whoever you are. Only squirrels have chestnuts.i thinks theres a bit confusion as to who said wot.how. where .when. doesnt matter how things are pronounced as long as legible. No bobody on this thread has officially cast 300yards phil as only distances in official comps count and most of them are a bit dubious imo. I have cast occasionally over that figure during practice but that dont count in my book.and was a long time ago now.
              Now back to the subject I reckon its only a short way to other side at glass centre.think ill go n have look cos id like to know. Im like that y know.
              Sorry Stevie quoted the wrong person. please accept my apology.
              dont want to upset your fan club !!
              Many a true word is said in jest!

Comment

its 100yards at narrowest just upstream from glasscentre and 140 yards at front of glasscentre. so half way is 70yards max...... not bad ............good chuck

Comment

ive got myself a fixed spool set up now for those marks where i need to be a little further out with a stronger line.

ive found that while fishing i get just alittle further with a fixed spool with 30lb braid on than i do with a 6500 and 15lb mono.

i found this out fishing them side by side.

i still prefer to use the smaller multis though. but know if i need to use a line up to 60lb i can still get it out a good distance.

plus if fishing the tyne on a big tide i get less pull on the 30lb braid than i do on a 20lb mono.

i,m not using a long soft rod though.... i put my reducer into my ttr making it 15. 1/2 ft now thats a beast to cast.

Comment

Originally posted by dabcatcher View Post
                    ive got myself a fixed spool set up now for those marks where i need to be a little further out with a stronger line.

ive found that while fishing i get just alittle further with a fixed spool with 30lb braid on than i do with a 6500 and 15lb mono.

i found this out fishing them side by side.

i still prefer to use the smaller multis though. but know if i need to use a line up to 60lb i can still get it out a good distance.

plus if fishing the tyne on a big tide i get less pull on the 30lb braid than i do on a 20lb mono.

i,m not using a long soft rod though.... i put my reducer into my ttr making it 15. 1/2 ft now thats a beast to cast.
                    hi bill are you usig a braid leader on your f/spool with braid and what rings do you have on your ttr.
                    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
                      hi bill are you usig a braid leader on your f/spool with braid and what rings do you have on your ttr.
                      sorry for the late reply, forgot id posted here.

i use an 80lb spectra braid leader. id heard that using a mono leader can cause small knots to develop in your braid. apparently the mono travels slightly slower through the rings than the braid causing it to back up slightly causing small loops or knots to develop.

i still have the original rings on my ttr. i asked on other forums about using standard multi rings with a fixed spool and it seem that a lot of people do it with no problems.

this means i can still use the rod with a multi if needed.

also, my reel seat is fixed in the low position. by putting my reducer in it makes the reel seat in the ideal spot for use with a fixed spool but still right for my multi. no changes needed.

it just makes the rod 15.1/2ft long.

Comment

Originally posted by Pighunter View Post
                        Judging that you don't even know how to spell pendulum you don't know what one is ! he was probably doing a fishing pendulum of sorts so many different ways to swing the lead, not all involve full rotation and max power
                        Considering he has done over 300 yards I think he does know[/QUOTE]

so who is it the only northeast lads i know who have done three hundred are jamie blakeman and he casts otg and jaylee from h/pool peter thain came close with 297

Comment

Working...
                        X