No announcement yet.

PMR neptune conversion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after seeing what happens to the Neptune after the conversion I can safely say I'd rather have a nice reliable 6500 as a fun fishing reel lol, in the long run ur going to need a lot of spools for the Neptune so I'd advise anyone to save up for an Akios shuttle

Comment

Originally posted by PimpMyReel View Post
      Mmmm, pictures or in this case video will do my talking for me Harry !!!

Shakespeare Neptune PMR bearing conversion part 2.mov - YouTube

Sorry Russel
      I just could not resist
      ================================================== ========
      WOW,I feel so humbled and I'm famous now been been spoken about by a reel conversion company so good as yourself.

Lets start by saying I never ever called you as a person,I never insulted you or called you names.
      I was pointing out to Russel how bad and unprofessional your reel conversions were and the engineering practices used were to say very shed in garden work.
      Such a pity you then made a youtube video using my name and insulting me constantly.
      The problem with your insults and your demonstration in this youtube of your super reel conversion,it has more flaws(floors) than the rocket in Gateheed,now been knocked doon.

I've just come off the beach tonight and picked up a bit driftwood,I've been whittling it down with my filleting knife and now got a nice 65 spool out of it,little out of balance but..hey will do the job, a tenna and it's yours.

Oh and by the way, please use the correct poundage of shock leader when using 150g leads...40lb you will end up killing some poor sole on a busy walkway.lol.
      Don't give up your day job.

Comment

Yep, like I said it was just a bit of fun. I do Akios 555, 656 and 666, I think they are excellent.

Comment

Hi Harry, Surely a wood lathe would be the right engineering practice for making your new wood Abu 6500 spool, you might need more than one!

Yep that very cheap reel has more holes than a colander but as I said at the beginning of this, was for a bit of fun but hey.....

Sorry about the typo its 60lbs Daiwa infinity shock leader. Me bad!

I won't give up my day job, my avatar may give you a hint.

Kind Regards

Jaime
          PMR

Comment

Hi Harry, Surely a wood lathe would be the right engineering practice for making your new wood Abu 6500 spool, you might need more than one!

Yep that very cheap reel has more holes than a colander but as I said at the beginning of this, was for a bit of fun but hey.....

Kind Regards

Jaime
            PMR

it wasnt a typo you say in your video you use 40lb leader

Comment

[QUOTE=PimpMyReel;470910]Hi Harry, Surely a wood lathe would be the right engineering practice for making your new wood Abu 6500 spool, you might need more than one!

Kind Regards

Jaime
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------
              Best of luck with your reel conversions mate and I mean it.

Also forgot to say welcome to NESA and hope you can contribute to this forum in all ways.
              And if you want to contact me,not in any argumentative way at all you can pm me on this site.
              Regards Harry

Comment

Thank you harry, that is appreciated.

Comment

Hello,
                  I've just watched the second of those two videos and it did make me laugh, reminded me of one of those Paul Whitehouse sketches from "The Fast Show".

Anyway on a more serious note I don't like the comments you made on the video, in my opinion you are well out of order.
                  I have read through this thread and at no point have you been insulted by Harry. He made a few comments about the poor engineering practices in the modification of the reel and I agree with him.

You could have replied in a better manner, perhaps explaining that you were just having fun with this reel and that your other work is of a higher/better quality, (I hope).
                  Instead you reacted in a very immature manner by choosing to post an insulting video on youtube full of putdowns and sarcastic comments.
                  I'm sure, on reflection, you will agree that this was not the best of ways to reply.

I hate threads like this as they only detract from what is essentialy a friendly and helpfull forum.

Regards Ian
                  Last edited by Ian Alexander; 02-11-2012, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Great post Ian

There will always be differences of opinion on internet forums but I just can't understand why grown men feel the need to resort to petty personal insults.
                    Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithB View Post
                      Great post Ian

There will always be differences of opinion on internet forums but I just can't understand why grown men feel the need to resort to petty personal insults.
                      its getting worse for that on here , send them to the headmaster
                      www.tides4fishing.com http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/w...g#?tab=fiveDay

Comment

Ian

Thank you very much for your sensible reply.

Yes the idea of the video on youtube was supposed to be tough in cheek for fun. And yes I could have replied in better manner, for that I apologies.

BUT;
                        I did feel the need to point out that to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Had the other members in question, replies been a little more cordial and perhaps asked why I did something rather than simply assuming, I think things would have got off to a better start!

Yes this is a cheap reel and I obviously am not going to spend much time messing around with it, it was just for a bit of fun to see if it could be done.

Thank you for also pointing that out.

In the interest of good sportsmanship I have re edited the video and it can now be seen here; Shakespear Neptune PMR bearing conversion part 2 - YouTube

Therefore would it not be fair to say that politeness when making a point gets respect and rudeness, well.....

BUT; may I also point out, calling me immature only tars you with the same brush.

Kind Regards

Jamie
                        PMR

Comment

Big Phil 123

I notice you said I make a bad reel and you are having problems with it.

Russell did point out that all you had to do was contact me. I would like you to be able to use it, not just spin it. So I would be happy to take a look for you. It sounds like the spindle may be bent or out of line some way. Or there is a problem with the main brass bush or may need replacement bearings, I sold that reel over a year ago I think. Its hard to tell till I see it.

How heavy are the leads you were casting on it?

Kind Regards

Jamie

Comment

Big Phil 123

I notice you said I make a bad reel and you are having problems with it.

Russell did point out that all you had to do was contact me. I would like you to be able to use it, not just spin it. So I would be happy to take a look for you. It sounds like the spindle may be bent or out of line some way. Or there is a problem with the main brass bush or may need replacement bearings, I sold that reel over a year ago I think. Its hard to tell till I see it.

How heavy are the leads you were casting on it?

Kind Regards

Jamie

trying to cast 150grams 5 and quater ounces

Comment

Hi Phil
                              You can send the reel to me and I will have a look at it for you

Comment

Hi Phil
                                You can send the reel to me and I will have a look at it for you
                                am not bothered about it cant be bothered with the posting back on fourth now but thanks for the offer the star drag you put on makes it alot easier to reel in more guts do you do it for the 7ht turbo?

Comment

Working...
                                X