killing fish to keep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regpude View Post
    second that craig,pleased ive never got involved with thread.
    Eggsactly Craig & Reg You'd never catch me posting on a thread like this one. Just grist t'mill for the anti angling brigade afaics.

Comment

humane is for the girls

Iv'e yet to have an answer as to why its wrong to knock keepers when they are landed before unhooking..the curly lip brigade saying its wrong stupid but a deafening silence when asked to explain the reason to this misguided soul as to WHY i'm wrong..... or alternatively why its RIGHT and indeed prefeable to operate on live concious fish..???? could it be there isnt one???
      Last edited by neefish; 06-11-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't worry neefish, silence from the numpties taking a pop at you is most surely golden! All my keepers get the last rights given to them with a priest BEFORE unhooking takes place. It should be standard practice to dispatch a keeper ASAP before unhooking but some tools obviously think otherwise.

Comment

Saw a bloke today, he caught a small Thorney (?) (which was drop netted by someone else) then he whacked it on the ground & took it up to the end of the pier, appeared to show it to some lads then chucked it back in I think, (at least, when he came back he didn't have it.)
          What's that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by smallfry View Post
            ... What's that all about?
            Whats it
            All about
            Smallfry!
            Is it just
            For the
            Moment we
            Live whats
            It all about
            When you
            Sort it out
            SmallFry?
            ... Hic!

Comment

Google up the term "IKI JIME" . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ez2cDave View Post
                Google up the term "IKI JIME" . . .
                Never seen that method before Dave but I have cut through the backbone behind the head. I assumed that this stopped the heart immediately. Obviously you should always dispatch keepers immediately on landing and before any surgical hook removal.

Comment

After reading all the replies to this thread, I've come to the conclusion that it's just a matter of showing compassion, those who don't show any are probably like that on many everyday things.
                  P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

Originally posted by canman View Post
                    After reading all the replies to this thread, I've come to the conclusion that it's just a matter of showing compassion, those who don't show any are probably like that on many everyday things.

That's for sure, couldn't agree more.

Comment

canman? That 30 punder off Balcary, was it off the flat rock? If so then you are Chris Stringer and I claim my £5. I was there when you caught it and my mate handballed it up onto the rock.

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                        canman? That 30 punder off Balcary, was it off the flat rock? If so then you are Chris Stringer and I claim my £5. I was there when you caught it and my mate handballed it up onto the rock.
                        I'm afraid you're £5 will have to go unclaimed - canman isn't Chris, although is another old Whitley club member I think Chris's went to about 32lb (think he had 2 over 30 and 2 20's that session).

Gary
                        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Originally posted by g-force View Post
                          I'm afraid you're £5 will have to go unclaimed - canman isn't Chris, although is another old Whitley club member I think Chris's went to about 32lb (think he had 2 over 30 and 2 20's that session).

Gary
                          Cheers Gary. The one I saw was Chris Stringers. I believe it was weighed at 28 and a bit pound (It might have been a different session) but these fish tend to 'get bigger' as the years go by. A bit like the first fish I ever caught which was a 7 pound blennie out of Sunderland North Dock corner when I was about 7 years old.

Comment

i absulutly hate it when i see anglers landing fish and leaving them to flap about till they are dead from suffacation or riving hooks out of their mouths when they are still alive, if you want to keep the fish kill it quickly with a sharp knock on the head right between its eyes its as easy as that ,dont leave them to suffer they are wild living creatures not a piece of ****, show them a little respect, after all its the fish that give us our sport without them we would not have a sport.

Comment

Working...
                            X