Arnold Clark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arnold Clark!

When Lynn bought her car from the above she paid extra for 2 sevices and MOT's. First service yesterday. Although the car is 6 years old it only has 21,000 on the clock, archetypal 1 lady owner previously.

Arnold Clark called her told her the service was complete and recommended the following work be done. New air filter, spark plugs and timing belt and if she agreed they could do the work there and then and give her a deal of £430, but only that price if work done now. She was very upset and passed the phone to me. I knew the timing belt was done last March as it was stamped in the service book! Upshot was I had it out with service manager who admitted the spark plugs, air filter and timing belt weren't checked but was recommended "due to age/mileage of the vehicle", a fact that they did not share with Lynn!! Also they didn't even check the service book. What the hell kind of service doesn't change plugs and filter? Total waste of money and an absolute scam recommending work and not saying the items hadn't been checked, as any normal person would assume they were checked during service!! Spoke to the customer service manager at Head Office, he couldn't have cared less!! Is there a motor trade ombudsman or similar does anyone know please?
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

If you purchased a service pack it should state that all serviceable parts IE plugs filters and timing belt/chain be included unless its a labour only service pack
    You need to read your agreement you may have a case against them
    Species CAUGHT : Codling,Mackerel, Coalie,Dab,,smooth hound,spotted hound, Sea Scorpion, Rockling , Whiting

Comment

Just ring your local citizens advice bureau, they will put you onto the right people they sound just like kwik fit mark just trained as salesman and I know that for a fact! !!! They done work for me many moons ago on a e-reg fiesta work that wasnt even meant to be done without my authorisation and expected me to pay for it! !!! 350 notes when I was 17 was alot o money lol hope you get sorted m8. ........ incidentally did you take names and time dates etc when you spoke to them? As this makes it harder for them to pass the buck ;-);-);-)
      Last edited by spongebob; 24-01-2014, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gregsgt View Post
        If you purchased a service pack it should state that all serviceable parts IE plugs filters and timing belt/chain be included unless its a labour only service pack
        You need to read your agreement you may have a case against them
        The agreement said "standard service." The real issue I have is them recommending work required that they haven't actually checked needed doing as they know full well people will assume it has been checked. That is a scam in my opinion!
        Last edited by kayos; 24-01-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
          Just ring your local c.a.b. they will put you onto the right people they sound just like kwik fit mark just trained as salesman and I know that for a fact! !!! They done work for me many moons ago on a e-reg fiesta work that wasnt even meant to be done without my authorisation and expected me to pay for it! !!! 350 notes when I was 17 was alot o money lol hope you get sorted m8. ........ incidentally did you take names and time dates etc when you spoke to them? As this makes it harder to pass the buck ;-);-);-)
          Thanks I will do that. Yes I have names, job titles and dates.

Cheers.

Comment

Report them to BBC's Watchdog - they may be interested - or Rogue Traders...always on the lookout for a rip-off company...

Comment

What's Checked During a Value Service | Arnold Clark
              Unless you booked a major service plugs and air filter are not included and timing belts are changed at whatever time the manufacturer sets without checking. Maybe could have checked service book though.

Comment

Looks like you've saved yourself over $400 notes...

Spend it on fishing gear and charters, that'll make you feel better...

Having recently purchased the wife and daughter new vehicles, I did notice that all the sales people were fkin sharks.....

But we researched the way they operate and never got caught out on any of their little scams...

Diamond bright super polish
                Service deals ( like yours)
                Insurance that guarantees the vehicle price in the event of a accident/write off

Sharks.....the lot of them...

Comment

Bought 2 cars from Arnold Clarke at scotswood branch "there nowt but ****in rouges got 1 for the misses and for me and with us purchasing 2 cars I asked the salesman can he throw some car mats in both cars" he said that's not a problem so thought great that saves a few bob so it wasn't till the finale invoice came for both cars the *******s had charged us £70 for sets of mats we did get our money but had to put up a fight and told them to stick there mats where the sun don't shine will never buy a car from them again nowt but thieving cheating lying *******s

Comment

Read the reviews on the net for Arnold Clark, they are shocking...

Comment

Originally posted by lys823 View Post
                      What's Checked During a Value Service | Arnold Clark
                      Unless you booked a major service plugs and air filter are not included and timing belts are changed at whatever time the manufacturer sets without checking. Maybe could have checked service book though.
                      I know that mate, but our paper work said "standard service" which is not mentioned on their website! My issue is they phoned my partner and told her work needed done but did not tell her they hadn't checked these parts and she obviously assumed they had as they had just serviced it. If I had not been on the ball she would have been scammed!

Comment

Originally posted by The Jester View Post
                        Read the reviews on the net for Arnold Clark, they are shocking...
                        As usual Chris I have done so after the event. Still as Rob says we saved £400 but there is absolutely no chance of me getting to spend any of it!!

If only....

Comment

This is the first I've heard of a service not including air filter! I'd be asking them what they actually have done to "service" your car mate. The least a service should be is oil and filters. The only things below that to do are top your coolant up and washer bottle IMO.
                          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

dunno if this will makes sense...under 'implied' and expressed terms. i would have thought a basic service would 'imply' a change of spark plugs, ht leads air filter oil filter and an oil change but i might be wrong....
                            Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
                            Kompressor SS /slosh30
                            tt sport /525 mag

Comment

tell them ur going to go to trading standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X