No announcement yet.

Arnold Clark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well at the time 2 services and 2 MOT's for £180 seemed like a good deal. We live and learn!

I'm not giving up though, I will get satisfaction.
    2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Originally posted by gregsgt View Post
      Trust me mate

All cars differ on service schedule
      No car requires spark plugs on every service nor every filter changed

The requirements will be documented in your service booklet

Some cars are long life service
      Others require a mileage or time service IE. What comes first

A garage has no responsibility to check previous services
      All it has to do is notify you that it will be required at a set time IE mileage
      Or time the garage only opens your service booklet to stamp and document what work they have carried out

They have not tried to have you over its just a case of the guidelines for your car will say they are due because ov a upcoming mileage or age of your car

I would advise against commencing to start any proceedings against them because it will cost you money

It is your responsibility to inform the garage of any services that have been done
      If the work was nor carried out by them

IE you stated the timing belt has been changed previously

Hope this helps
      Just in case you missed it the first time we boath posted at the same time
      Species CAUGHT : Codling,Mackerel, Coalie,Dab,,smooth hound,spotted hound, Sea Scorpion, Rockling , Whiting

Comment

Wish somebody would offer me the same deal. I'd take there hand off and put an air filter in myself.

Comment

They have not tried to have you over its just a case of the guidelines for your car will say they are due because ov a upcoming mileage or age of your car

I would advise against commencing to start any proceedings against them because it will cost you money

Mate had they said "we are recommending this because of the age of the car" I would have no issue with them, They didn't for a reason..... to con us (maybe they think they can con a woman easier than a man, so tried it on with Lynn)and thousands like us. Emailing them, contacting CAB, Trading Standards etc costs nothing, I am not stupid enough to spend money fighting them for about £50!!
          Last edited by kayos; 24-01-2014, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Mate had they said "we are recommending this because of the age of the car" I would have no issue with them, They didn't for a reason..... to con us (maybe they think they can con a woman easier than a man, so tried it on with Lynn)and thousands like us. Emailing them, contacting CAB, Trading Standards etc costs nothing, I am not stupid enough to spend money fighting them for about £50!![/QUOTE]

No bother mate its just a few people will try to worsen the situation

Also had they undertaken the work and not informed you you could have got your money back any way
            Species CAUGHT : Codling,Mackerel, Coalie,Dab,,smooth hound,spotted hound, Sea Scorpion, Rockling , Whiting

Comment

Cheers Greg.

Comment

Dont give up, i'm also Taurean, and i know once horns are locked,
                all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
                  Dont give up, i'm also Taurean, and i know once horns are locked,
                  all the best.
                  see what I mean lol

Comment

Originally posted by gregsgt View Post
                    see what I mean lol
                    Nothing wrong with some moral support mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Topfly View Post
                      Kayos, Mick is dead right, get in touch with Trading Standards.
                      Thanks Topfly mate... the reason I mentioned trading standards was... a few year ago I bought a second hand car, still cost me a few grand and within a week things started going wrong, so I took it to my pals garage to get fixed, explained the situation and he said the garage I bought it off should do the work, well they wouldn't play ball so me pal said to threating them with trading standards, well to cut it short they did do the work, I still had to pay a bit but not as much, the point im trying to make mate is that trading standards must have some clout, just a thought might be worth a try.

Comment

Mick if they don't sort it I will be back on to CAB and Trading Standards.

Cheers

Comment

I would mate. cheers mick.

Comment

let us know how you get on mate

Comment

dont be put off by waffle

HI lads,when dealing with large companys don't take there waffle,i had a run in with an airline over a seven hour delay because of a part failiure at luton airport,I complained and and asked for a refund,they sent me a load of waffle back and said I wasn't entitled to a refund.went to the civil aviation authority and they found in our favour....just goes to prove don't be fobbed off.keep trying kayos and use the correct authoritys
                              sometimes i sits and thinks,but thinks better whilst sitting on a rock fishing

Comment

Only decent main dealer I've encountered is Evans Halshaw Chevrolet at Gateshead. When I bought the car from them (used, 1 owner, low miles) I got the usual sales pitch for service deals and just said that I do most work myself on my cars. The only thing I didn't fancy because it's a chore on the particular model was the timing belt and rollers/tensioners, so I took the car to them last autumn when it was due. Wasn't a cheap job but they spotted the alternator/PAS belt was split so rang suggesting they replaced it - since they already had all that off to do the timing it was just the part price. Guy also said the rear brake pads were a little low and one headlamp bulb was off on the main beam, immediately said "are you happy to do those or do you want us to do them while the car is in?" - well the pads are a doddle on that car and I knew where to get them cheap so I just said I'd sort them, he was no bother about it.
                                When I got the car back there was a massive checklist all ticked and stamped for a full vehicle check with a note next to the bits I said I'd do myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X