There’s nothing better than freshly caught fish for supper – and with this book to hand you won’t even have to pay for it!
Everyone who goes to sea harbours a romantic desire to catch their own dinner, and this unique handbook will show you how – whether on the move, at anchor or drifting. With step-by-step instructions, photographs, and handy tips, it shows how to set up your tackle, bait the line correctly and work the tide to the best effect.
Without resorting to complicated jargon or fancy equipment, this book gives you everything you need to know to get started, covering:
• basic equipment, baiting the line and setting it up
• catching fish on the move, at anchor or while drifting
• preparing fish for cooking
• simple recipes for mackerel, bass, pollack, flatfish and others
• fish identifier pages throughout, showing every type of fish that can be caught between Scotland and Gibraltar
With some basic equipment and expert guidance, you’ll be ready to harvest some of the delicious treasures around you and experience the pleasure of fresh fish cooked aboard.
Jim Whippy is a well-known international sea angler, and has fished in five World Championships. He has edited three sea angling publications, written a book and appeared on television several times. He is currently working on a series of fishing DVDs.