No announcement yet.

COMMENTS ON DAVIDS BOOK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An absolute fantastic read mate..cover to cover ..Can\'t wait for the return of the hoppings next year

Comment

Yes a cracking read Dave, the skill you brought to the book for me was the not the detail of the marks which was excellent, it was the warmth that transcended through. You wrote down what most of us feel as when your looking back or anticipating the next day/night out.. fishing.
      One ficticious comment I picked upon, you said Chris Kristiansen is a good angler, I can assure you I am not.. (please correct for the second edition)
      When are you coming up next summer?

Comment

Anybody know how sales in the shop are doing, any feed back yet. Hope it is flying off the shelves
        Alan

Comment

thanks david for such a personal insight to your feelings and thoughts,the book is superb,also thanks for the mention and the picture, once again class
          f###ing snagged again

Comment

Liked the section about your \"Ganny\" we called one of our Grandma\'s that
            Cheers Alan...

Comment

i really enjoyed that book, it helps the starter fishermen with marks equiptment etc. Not that i\'m a starter :P
              cheers from marc

Comment

alan i\'ve got a picture i want to post you i\'ll send you it a a few days
                cheers from marc

Comment

Hi Alan,
                  Thanks for the piece in the Journal. Disappointed you couldn\'t make the front page lol. I\'ve given out 184 copies as of today (just got back) As well as those previously mentioned - ID, Billys, Frasers, Game Fishing Supplies and the St Vedas Hotel I sold some to Allens in Morpeth and the Tourist Information place at the Royal Quays (guess what I spent today doing lol) That\'s nearly a fifth of the print run. Be interesting to see what happens now.
                  Coco - where did you get a book from? Not looking over someones shoulder I hope. Will let you know about the summer. If I make a million off the book you\'d struggle to drag me away from Coldingham

[Edited on 16/10/2005 by Stores]

Comment

Looking good David, fifth of the print run in a day. Tried to push book with the editorial people, take it they did not get onto you. Little write up in the Sunday Sun as well.
                    Alan

Comment

Much of what I think has been said. A thoroughly entertaining read. Well done and good luck.

Comment

Available thru Veals Mail Order.
                        And Veals dont take stock on lightly - if it is good they sell it.

Comment

Where can you get a look at it John? Not that I\'m interested like lol

Comment

I\'ve had a look in here, David:-

https://www.veals.co.uk/acatalog/Books_.html

Maybe they just haven\'t updated the page yet

Comment

very good read
                              thoroughly enjoyed it
                              read it again and again
                              thanks

sless

Comment

Yeah, been there as well. Wondered if it was in the brochures that go to shops etc. Sure Jaybee will put us right. Just out of interest - has anyone bought a copy from the shops yet? Is it advertised? It\'s a problem being miles away.

[Edited on 22/10/2005 by Stores]

Comment

Working...
                                X