Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No problem - think the school mini bus will cope

Comment

• Sold 30 copies today. On a roll...........................

Comment

• you must be rolling all the way to the bank Tim was saying they have sold well over 100 in Frasers at Whitley Bay. Well done David
        Alan

Comment

• You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

• Still deep in debt Alan I\'m afraid but at least I\'m happy lol. Really pleased with Tim\'s (and Ian\'s) support and help. I reckon that, eventually, 1000 will be about the right number.

Comment

• Was expecting things to slow down during Feb, March and April - after Xmas and before the summer fishing kicks off - but it hasn\'t really so that\'s been a bonus. Had a nice e-mail yesterday:

Dear David,

Just a note to say how much I enjoyed \'The Codling Crouch\'. So many fishing books are either the same \'how to\' rehashes, or oversentimentalised whimsy. Your writing is plain and to the point, but builds a very real atmosphere. Fab photos too - the red codling are positively exotic. You could be a trendsetter - I\'m not brave enough to try a scarboro, but the creel looks so \'right\' I\'m searching ebay for one...

Thanks for a great read,

Comment

• Nice one David, makes it all worth while doesn\'t it.

Jim.
                Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

• Yes Jim. Have you spoken to STEVE lately about the summer? PM me please.

[Edited on 7/4/2006 by Stores]

Comment

• Consider yourself PMd mate.

Jim.

Comment

• As the summer is, hopefully, about to kick off just a reminder of the outlets stocking copies of the book:

Frasers - Whitley and Gateshead
                      Game Fishing Supplies - Morpeth
                      Tourist Information - Royal Quays and Whitley Bay offices
                      Veals Mail Order
                      ID Fishing - Heaton and S Shields
                      Billys Tackle -N Shields
                      St Vedas Hotel - Coldingham
                      Grieves Bookshop - Berwick
                      T & G Allan
                      Amazon and most internet book sites

Hope I haven\'t missed anyone. If all else fails contact me direct. Thanks again for everyone\'s support. I\'ll try to pay some of it back this summer with as much advice as possible.

Comment

• EXCELLENT READ! Read it in two nights and will be using it as a reference for future trips up that neck of the woods, The last couple of pages summed up exactly what i love about angling, trying to explain this to an FPO took longer than actually reading the book! Any plans for another?

Comment

• What an excellent idea Jamie. Come on David you must have loads of spare time now and as you said there are loads more marks that are not in the book. \"Son of The Codling Crouch\" or \"Codling Crouch just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water\" lmao.

Standing in the corner facing the wall now mate lol.

Jim.

Comment

• Actually lying in the garden facing the sun lol. Thanks but at the minute no thanks.........although after the week I\'ve had at work working on your own has its attractions

Comment

• WELL just been out and got your book!

i cant wait to read it!!

all the best dave and good luck!

cheers stu

Comment

• Welcome to Nesa Stu, enjoy the book mate it\'s a cracking read.

Jim.

Comment

Working...
                                X