No announcement yet.

COMMENTS ON DAVIDS BOOK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got this book oot of Whickham library,looking forward to reading it.
    Is it autobiographical,or is it based on fact?Seriously though,be nice to read a book by someone who is familiar with the local area,see how things have changed over the years,or not,as the case may be.
    Be nice to have something else to peruse other than "Salmon Fishing By Hugh Falkus"for a change,good though it is,over these (too)long winter neets

For other bookworms,can I suggest a great(and spellbinding)collection of stories by the unsurpassed storyteller and wit PG Wodehouse?"What Ho" is a great read and introduction to a style of humourous writing which seems to have slowly disappeared over the past few years.If you know a reader,or,if you need a damn good yarn or two yourself,get a copy from the library or better still,buy a copy to read at your leisure!
    Nowt to do with fishing mind
    Classic English writing at its very best,gan on,make somebodys xmas and get them one for the old stocking.Gotta be better than Hai Karate again

Comment

• a lovely book to read a some good images
      species so far 2012cod bass flounder plaice dab colie weaver whitie rockling

target for 2012

:catch a bass of 2lb catch a cod of 5lb catch a plaice of 2lb catch a thornback

Comment

• Davids book

when you read the book,its as if the content comes alive, and its in real timefrom start to finish an excellent journey. i met David at the show,and hes a really nice person. anyone who enjoys a good book should read this.
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Deeps;230931]Just got this book oot of Whickham library,looking forward to reading it.
          Is it autobiographical,or is it based on fact?:

It's autobiographical and it's based on fact, Mr Deeps. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for the kind words chaps.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Stores;230994]
            Originally posted by The Deeps View Post
            Just got this book oot of Whickham library,looking forward to reading it.
            Is it autobiographical,or is it based on fact?:

It's autobiographical and it's based on fact, Mr Deeps. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for the kind words chaps.
            That was my idea of a cheeky joke Stores
            I'm sure I'll enjoy the book,its had some great testimonials on here and elsewhere!

Comment

• [QUOTE=The Deeps;230996]
              Originally posted by Stores View Post

That was my idea of a cheeky joke Stores
              I'm sure I'll enjoy the book,its had some great testimonials on here and elsewhere!
              No problem Mr Deeps. I don't think I've got the imagination to make it into some sort of woven literary journey lol.

Comment

• Just read this,

Love the stories but the marks aswell,

Like that he uses the rods and reels from when he was a kid

Prooves that you dont need a 400 pound rod and reel to catch fish !

But a good read to pass the quiet moments at work

Comment

• Well,I eventually got Davids book from the library(they had to buy a copy)and I enjoyed it so much that I've ordered 2 directly from the author,one for me as a reference guide and one for a pal who's from Eyemouth
                  Loads of good info and some nice anecdotal tales and superb pictures contained in the pages.I'd say any anglers who fish the area,or indeed those who dont should go get a copy!Champion

Tone

Comment

• Originally posted by The Deeps View Post
                    Well,I eventually got Davids book from the library(they had to buy a copy)and I enjoyed it so much that I've ordered 2 directly from the author,one for me as a reference guide and one for a pal who's from Eyemouth
                    Loads of good info and some nice anecdotal tales and superb pictures contained in the pages.I'd say any anglers who fish the area,or indeed those who dont should go get a copy!Champion

Tone
                    Cheque arrived this morning Tone - books are in the post. Hope you can make use of it. Any help - let me know.

Comment

• Got the books today

Comment

• I received your book today, really quick delivery thank you. Thanks for the personal welcome on the inside, brilliant content, it's perfect for my introduction to the East coast up here.

I cut my teeth on Loughor estuary in South Wales - and survived! But it was Clive Gammons book "Guide to Angling in Wales" that helped me expand my fishing grounds across South Wales.

It is still relevant today.

Thank you David, You have provided the same timeless, invaluable instruction, in a book that will be read over and over again and passed to my sons.
                        A fantastic read but an invaluable reference book.

My chances of catching a fish have already been improved.
                        Sean

><((((º>.¸¸.´¯`.¸><((((º>.´¯`...¸><((((º>

I fish because I enjoy it - catching something is a bonus.

Comment

• bry

sounds like great book

Comment

• A wonderful look at the past and future an inspiration and aspiration "being able to throw my watch away and live by the tide" Your father would be proud.

Comment

• Thanks Les - got this last week:

Hi David. Got your book in the post yesterday so firstly, I'd like to thank you for the speedy delivery and secondly, now that I've read it, I just want to say what a stonking good read it was!
                              I've been shore fishing now for over twenty years but I've never been much of a rock fishing enthusiast, (heights and climbing never were one of my specialities) much preferring sand under my feet but after reading your book I feel the urge to get the hiking boots on and give it a go. As an easy first rock fishing venue, would you suggest Yellowcraigs as being ideal? Sounds like it in your book. Also David, what marks would you suggest for me to try with a spot of wrasse floatfishing in mind? I intend to get out somewhere fishing on Friday, so if you could let me know before then, I'd be grateful.
                              Once again David, thanks for sending me a copy of your superb little book which was not only informative but put together in an easy to understand, no nonsense style which I reckon is what all shore anglers would appreciate. Great stuff!
                              Regards, Stan.

Comment

• A few words from me on your book Stores. I really enjoyed it and the thing I hope most to relate with in the future are the bonds between yourself, your Father and your Brother, with even your Mam understanding the fishing mind set as well.
                                I have three kids (another one due next week!) and I would love for my kids to share and appreciate the enthusiasm and passion for fishing/angling that I have and that is demonstrated with your family in your book. It's a common ground that I hope they will all share with me.

Couldn't put it down. Fantastic,

Thank-you,

Graham.

Comment

Working...
                                X