No announcement yet.

COMMENTS ON DAVIDS BOOK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the book from frasers in whitley bay cover to cover in one sitting mate fantastic it made me realise how important it is to go fishing with other people and not on your own the bonds you form and memories you get when your with your fishing buddies are second to none and lets face it it adds a bit of spice to the night trying to outcatch each other.
    hope theres a second edition to the book in the future

Comment

• Big Chris do you mean second edition (Ive got to sell the first lot yet lol) or second addition (as in another book). If it\'s the second then there\'s plenty of material to use from Eyemouth and I could probably cobble something together going as far north as Collywell for the NE bit. What it would probably fall down on are the stories in the chapters and I couldn\'t start making them up. So the answer is probably no.

ps it should have been reviewed this month in Sea Angler but as everyone seems to have bought it (re the Sless comments) and no-one has mentioned it it looks as though it\'s been usurped by the \"other side\" lol

[Edited on 14/1/2006 by Stores]

Comment

• David it looks like they have dropped a bollock m8,theres is a reference to books in the contents page saying page 36 but page 36 is the exact same as page 34.

Comment

• There goes a thousand copies then

Comment

• i got a copy from amazon delivered 3 days ago cracking read nice pics thanks david brougt my memories of fishing with my grandad / dad back great book

Comment

• Gaza,
              Just out of interest - did you get it via Bertram books? The last internet sale I made was on the 19th November. Just wondered if they matched up.

Comment

• no came packed in a cardboard sleve with amazon stamped on it david has a slip in from you thanking for buying book ect ? if thats any help i ordered it on the 10th got it on the 12th of january 06

Comment

• Can only think that they keep one spare to cut down on the waiting time. Will see if I get another sale this week. Thanks anyway.

Comment

• Just viewed the picture. Was I really that good looking! You would think that Jim and I had blanked but our fish are by our feet - too heavy to pose with although you would swear that all I was trying to catch was flies. Can\'t honestly remember why the reel is so far up the rod, maybe I hadn\'t taken the reducer off. Hoping to make the N v S comp if I can sort a few complications out first - like have enough money on the credit card so her indoors can go shopping in Newcastle on the Saturday.
                    gas

Comment

• By your feet my a**e and you\'ve still got those shoes hahaha. Would be good if you could make it though.

Comment

• some nice comments about the book at the Amble Stores, Sam Smith thought it was an exceptional book as it covered more than just the angling aspect
                        Alan

Comment

• That\'s really nice Alan. Have just placed some more copies at the Tourist Info booth at the Royal Quays as I know that board members regularly while away the hours there.

Comment

• gona fish some of the places this summer especialy eyemouth fished it years ago nice red cod from the kelp there place fished was just under the caravan park good spot ???????

Comment

• Suspect if you got some codling then it was from The Tip or The Cannons as it is now more often known, the mark where you go down the cliff face. Fish caught at a number of spots, nice, easy fishing on flat skeers (once you\'re down that is). Also it\'s deep water close in so the chance for a bit of spinning.

Comment

• Just read through the book again David ,just wondered is the final version much different ?
                                You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Working...
                                X