No announcement yet.

COMMENTS ON DAVIDS BOOK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i am a light weight compaired to les(bye at least 5 stone) thirdly yes les your spot on with the missus bit
    you forgot to mention i\'m 6\" taller than you and i can cast 150yards further and i don\'t even go shore fishing

i showed this to angie and she\'s going to punch your lights in when she sees you :P

Comment

I\'d be grateful if you didn\'t use my personal thread to sort out your menage de trois in public. Some of my sponsors and literary associates visit this site you know. To them casting ability is something completely different lol

Comment

Hi lads had a little prob with the new technology on my updated windows 95, iys now a 98 , its taken almost 10 months to do it..any way fingers crossed im back on line for a while at least, the book!! its caused no end of probalems ( the spelling aint improved) last Sunday .... Had a wee chuck the other week at an old spot of mine , the boat house at whitley Bay, bought the bait at Temples/fraizers, It\'l be a while before I get my head around that one anyway spotted the book, lush my mates Chrissy prezzy & the bait sorted in 1 trip... Promised my self I would\'nt read it, that idea went down the pan about 24 hours later, I was at work an Sunday, a very quiet Sunday and I just did\'nt manage to get the book out of mypocket on Sataday night ,,,, so I thought I\'ll just read the intro, sorry Col I read the lot , so your Chrissy prezzy is second hand, GREAT read Dave Will try out a few of your marks esp the Tynemouth area cos we / I dont have a lot of time to to travel , due to work , drinking & a general lack of lazyness,, cheers for a good read, it filled a very boring 6 hour shift in & a prezzy to boot, THANKS, ps I hope my boss dos\'nt read this or Im in the sh2t
        Tich

Comment

Does that mean you\'ll have to buy aother one for chrimbo? lol Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

with abit of luck he wont read this so Im ok.. I\'ll just have to iron a few pages and it\'ll be brand new cheers,It brought back a few memories of fishing with my \'Old man\' teaching me knots and things like that\' his most fave place was just down from the Rendeview caff on W/Bay walk through the right hand side cast about 50 yds,, you will catch loads he used to say, tried it a good few times !!!! caught nowt
            Tich

Comment

Sorry abot this David lol.

Hallo Tich mate. Nice to see you have been using your time off line wisely mate. Learning to read is a wonderfull thing and can be so enriching lmao.

Let me know when you are out and we can have a sesh mate.

Great to see you posting again.

Jim.
              Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

very good book some intresting and useful things to read
                cant catch sitting in the hoose

Comment

What\'s \'Grieve\'s\' in Berwick? New one one me.

Comment

Bookshop in Berwick that happened to forget the extortionate postal costs when paying for the books. Gggrrrrr

Comment

David - got your book as a pressie for Chrimbo. It has probably already been said before - I think it is excellent!!!! Well Done m8!!!! It was also a bit of a bonus to read about Ronnie Miekle - he was my best mate way back in Infants/Junior School!
                      So long and thanks for all the fish! (www.lsbsac.co.uk)

Comment

good reading one problem is once you pick it up you cannot put it down read it a couple of times now
                        cant catch sitting in the hoose

Comment

Hehe I said the same thing Kingfisher .
                          You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Hope you realise there are repeat reading fees. Please send an untraceable £5 note to my works address lol. Seriously - glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

I got two copies for Xmas, so passed one to a friend to see if it inspires him to use his gear during the summer.

Just finished reading it and it makes me want to head up the coast now! and give it a go. The author has had alot more success than me around those marks.......but thats where experience and knowledge come in.

It will be interesting to see how popular the marks become during next summer and how many people need rescuing from the rocks.

The only downside that wasn\'t mentioned were those damn pesky divers.........
                              Wishing I was Fishing...............

Comment

Must admit, whilst writing, the one worrying side of the book was the safety aspect but I think that the dangers are spelt out. The biggest problem with fishing Eyemouth and its surrounds is the swell they get and anglers getting washed away rather than people falling down the cliffs. With regard to divers you only really come across them in two places - Hairy Ness (divers mentioned) and sometimes south of Coldingham (Gogs has some real mates amongst the diving fraternity there).

Comment

Working...
                                X